Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wynwood Art walk on July 14th

Claudio Souza Pinto Pinto uses oil on linen for his paintings and a strong color contrast, which emphasizes the joy and the fantasy messing with people's feelings. Pinto views life in a more entertaining outlook such as a play or show and he expresses that view in a poetic language to connect with the audience. "I paint the clothes of the human being because society only gives value to appearances. I transform daily situations with a surrealist filter creating fantastic and humorous images."- Claudio Souza Pinto
Claudio Souza Pinto
Fred Love I love this art piece simply because I'm obsessed with mermaids. The mermaid depicted in the image is out of the water and can see her reflection in her fin. I haven't seen any artists include mermaids in their art work and I think they're gorgeous, mystical creatures. I find it peculiar that the mermaid ins't in water, possibly the artist is implying they can thrive without water temporarily.
This performance was the most interesting part of the Art walk. The actors were intriguing and talented to the point that you felt like you were watching a movie; although, the actors had limited props. What props you see in the image above is basically what they were working with. They were staying in character while being rained on for over an hour< I felt the intensity the entire time I watched the performance. The performance's setting takes place in the 1700's, this story is about two young men on a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment